DIY Vintage Christmas Blocks
By: Holly Antoine
November 15, 2019
Halloween has come and gone and it’s officially time to start thinking of all things Christmas. My Christmas style and vibe has certainly grown and evolved over the years and every Christmas, I like to shake things up a bit.
This year, however, I would like to take it back to the good old days. I am going to be adding a little vintage style to my Christmas decor. There’s no better way to achieve a perfect vintage Christmas other than making it yourself.
Gather up these supplies and try your hand at theses DIY Vintage Christmas Blocks.
- Americana Decou-Page (Glue-Sealer-Finish) 16oz - Americana Decou-Page Gloss
- Craft Twinkles 2oz - Christmas Red
- Craft Twinkles 2oz - Christmas Green
- Glamour Dust Glitter (Liquid Glitter Paint) 2oz - Silver Bling
- Glamour Dust Glitter (Liquid Glitter Paint) 2oz - Champagne Gold
- Americana Decor Outdoor Living 2oz - Ladybug
- 2x4 wood cut into different sizes
- Vintage photos (I printed mine from the internet)
- Foam brush
1. Using a mitre saw or jig saw cut a 2x4 into blocks of wood in varying lengths. You want the lengths to be different so that when you stack them together you have different heights.
2. Search the web for vintage Christmas cards and then print them out in sizes that will fit on your blocks of wood.
3. Paint your pieces of wood with Americana Decor Outdoor Living Paint in LadyBug. Feel free to get creative with this step and use whatever color of paint suits your style.
4. Using Americana Decou-Page, apply a healthy layer to a block of wood. Lay your picture onto the Decou-Page and smooth out any air bubbles with something like a credit card or ruler.
5. Apply another layer of Decou-Page on top of your picture. Let dry fully.
7. Using sandpaper, rough up the edges of the wood and sand the edges of the picture so that it blends into the wood.
What do you think about these Vintage Christmas Blocks? Is there anything that you would do differently?
Be sure to visit Holly Grace for more projects and to learn more about Holly Antoine.