Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe
By: Alicia Roothoff
October 4, 2017
I absolutely love outdoor games. And there's nothing better than Fall weather, so I thought it would be perfect to create a fun pumpkin themed outdoor game that would be great for the whole family! But, don't worry, this can easily become an indoor game too :) Here's how you make your very own Pumpkin Tic Tac Toe.
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint 2oz - Heritage
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint 2oz - Everlasting
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint 2oz - Vintage
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint 2oz - Relic
- 10 pumpkins (I chose small fake pumpkins from the craft store, you can use real ones if you want)
- 24x24 plywood piece, or wood boards screwed/glued together
- Paint Brushes
Gather your supplies.
Paint 5 of the pumpkins with Heritage. Chalk paint is great, and goes on usually with one coat. You may want to do two coats for fuller coverage.
Paint the other 5 pumpkins with Vintage.
Using Everlasting, carefully paint the stems of all the pumpkins. You will probably need to do 2 coats on these.
Again, using Everlasting, paint your plywood or wood.
Now with a ruler, mark 8" and 16" on each side.
Connect your lines, drawing a grid. I stopped each line about 2 inches from each edge.
Using Relic, hand paint over the lines. If you don't like the hand painted look, you can easily tape your lines off and use painters tape to help give you straighter lines.
After everything dries, you are now ready to play!
Be sure to visit Thrifty and Chic for more projects and to learn more about Alicia Roothoff.