Snowy Joy Ornament
By: Heidi Ferguson
November 21, 2016
- Glamour Dust 2oz - Glamour Dust Crystal
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics 2oz - Cotton Ball
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics 2oz - Dark Scarlet
- Small wooden craft letters
- Hot glue gun
- Green scrap fabric (optional)
First thing is to paint each letter white, just a quick coat or two.
While the paint is still wet, shake some of the glamour dust on top.
Let that dry and then use the hot glue to glue the letters together.
Cut a few small holly leaves out of the green scrap fabric and glue between the O and the Y letters.
Taking the end of a small brush, dot it in red paint and then dot it in between the two leaves for holly berries (I also added a tiny shine of white to the berries).
Finally hot glue a loop of twine to the back.
Such a great, versatile ornament. You can make a variety of words and decorate them in a variety of colors. And you can use them on your tree, on a wreath, or packaging.
Be sure to visit Honeybear Lane for more projects and to learn more about Heidi Ferguson.