DIY Modern Christmas Forest Décor
By: Meghan Quinones
November 4, 2019
Now that Halloween is officially over, it’s time to get on top of Christmas crafts! This year, I decided to forgo the traditional reds and greens for my Christmas décor and embrace a trendier, non-traditional color palette.
To incorporate pinks and blues into my holiday décor, I wanted a simple project to use as my inspiration piece. My DIY modern Christmas forest décor incorporates fun alternatives to traditional colors and is a simple project anyone can do. With a few supplies and trendy Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics, you too can quickly create this fun DIY modern Christmas forest décor. See the below video for the full tutorial!
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics - Coral
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics - Pink Tropics
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics - Waterfront
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics - Blue Lagoon
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics - Cotton Ball
DecoArt Traditions - 1-inch Flat Brush
DecoArt Traditions - #3 Round Brush
1/16 basswood sheet
7-inch basswood round
Hot glue gun and glue
2. Begin painting the sides and front of your small and large triangles.
3. For the Pink Tropics paint, add some white paint and begin mixing the colors together. Then, paint the sides and front of the two remaining small and large triangles.
4. Cut down dowel rods so you have 4 rods that measure 2.5 inches and 4 that are 5 inches long.
5. Add hot glue to the back of the trees and add the longer dowel rods to the back of the bigger trees and the smaller rods to the smaller trees.
6. Put glue on the bottom of the dowel rod and glue it to the wood slice. You’ll want to put the taller trees towards the back and the smaller ones toward the front. Repeat with all of the trees.
What do you think? Will you be embracing a modern color palette this year for your holiday décor or sticking to traditional red and green?
Be sure to visit Happiness is creating for more projects and to learn more about Meghan Quinones.