See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Acrylics.
- Baby Blue (DAO42)
- Bright Orange (DA228)
- Deep Midnight Blue (DA166)
- Yellow Ochre (DAO8)
- Angular Motion (12" x 12") (ASMM08)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 3/4" flat brush
- cosmetic sponge
- floral scrapbook paper with similar colors to paint
- two wooden birds with metal legs
NOTE: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Use 3/4” flat brush to basecoat one bird Yellow Ochre. Rinse brush and use the same brush to basecoat the other bird Deep Midnight Blue. Let dry completely. Rinse brush.
- Use the chevron from the Angular Motion Mixed Media Stencil to angle over birds’ faces and bellies. Use a cosmetic sponge to dab Bright Orange on the Yellow Ochre bird and a separate cosmetic sponge with Baby Blue to dab on the Deep Midnight Blue bird. Repeat the stencil on the birds’ tails.
- Use a pencil to draw two teardrop shapes on the scrapbook paper. Cut out the teardrop with scissors.
- Use a 3/4” flat brush with Americana Matte Decou-Page to attach the teardrop wings to the birds. Add a second coat of Decou-Page on top to seal.