See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor Maxx Gloss®.
Americana Decor Maxx Gloss®
Americana Decor® Metallics™
- 24K Gold (ADMTL04)
- Silver (ADMTL13)
- sandpaper (optional)
- flat brush
- parchment paper
- wooden shape (present)
NOTE: Cut out a small piece of parchment paper to use under the bow and edge up to the "ribbon" to get clean lines and no mess! As always, let each layer dry properly before moving to the next step.
- If needed, lightly sand the wooden gift box to remove any imperfections.
- Paint the interior of the box in 24K Gold. (Apply at least two coats to get the most even and reflective look.)
- Using Garnet Stone, paint the exterior of box leaving the "ribbon", or the center strip, unpainted. Let dry.
- Once the paint is completely dry, cut out a small square of parchment paper. Slide the parchment paper under the wooden bow and push up to the wooden center strips. (This will allow you to apply Silver onto the bow without messing up the paint beneath it.) Do this for each side of the bow and continue painting the center strip. Let dry.
- Once the bow and ribbon are completely dry, add small dots of 24K Gold on the ribbon and bow. Let dry.
- Fill the inside of the box with an small holiday tree.