See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Primitive (ADC26)
- Relic (ADC28)
- Vintage (ADC17)
Americana Decor® Crème Waxes
- Clear (ADM01)
- Deep Brown (ADM07)
Americana Decor® Stencils
- Old French Script (12" x 12") (ADS10)
- Parisian Street (12" x 12") (ADS12)
- water container
- paper towels
- white cloth
- 3/4" flat brush
- #10 flat brush
- 1" painter's tape
- jute twine
- cosmetic sponge
- 3 different sized books (flea market find)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use 3/4" Flat brush and load separately with Vintage, Yesteryear, and Primitive to base coat each book. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Use painter's tape to mark off a stripe towards the top wrapping around all 3 books in the same spot. (Make sure they can be stacked and the stripe match up.)
- Use 3/4" Flat brush and load with Relic to fill in the stripe. Rinse brush.
- Use stencils to add names, numbers, and scrolls to the books on the front and on the sides by dabbing on with a cosmetic sponge with Relic. To hold the stencil down you can use hands of painter's tape. Remove stencils and wash immateriality.
- Once paint is completely dry use sandpaper to distress books. Wipe clean with a damp paper towel.
- Use 3/4" Flat brush to apply Clear Creme wax all over the books to seal. Rinse brush.
- While still wet use same brush to apply Dark Brown Creme Wax and then use a clean White cloth to wipe back for your desired look. Let dry.
- Then you can use another clean white cloth to buff to a satin sheen. (Optional)
- Use scissors to cute jute to fit around the books twice.
- Tie books together with jute knot in the front.