See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Relic (ADC28)
- Vintage (ADC17)
Americana Decor® Varnishes
- Ultra-Matte Varnish (ADM04)
- Array of Arrows (12" x 12") (ASMM27)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- sandpaper (fine-grit)
- painter's tape (optional)
- 3/4" flat brush
- 9" foam pumpkin
- cosmetic sponges (one for each color)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Vintage to paint the entire pumpkin. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Relic to paint the stem. Rinse brush.
- Hold or tape the Americana Array of Arrows Stencil so the line of triangles fits perfectly in one section of the pumpkin’s stripes. Load a cosmetic sponge with Everlasting to pounce on every other stripe of the pumpkin. (This is optional: I switched the direction of the triangles on each stripe.) Above and below each line of triangles, pounce the thinner arrowhead chevron using Everlasting.
- On the remaining stripes, use one of the larger arrows of choice on every fourth stripe. Use a cosmetic sponge to apply in Relic. On all remaining stripes, use the fletchings (end of the arrow) and pounce on with Relic. Remove and wash stencil. Let dry completely.
- Use a fine-grit sandpaper to distress the pumpkin as little or as much as you desire. Use a paper towel to remove the dust.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to seal the pumpkin with Ultra-Matte Varnish (especially if you are planning on putting the pumpkin outdoors).