See more projects using this product.
Learn more about DecoArt Media®.
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics
- Blue (Interference) (DMFA101)
- Cobalt Teal Hue (DMFA10)
- Dioxazine Purple (DMFA12)
- Gold (Metallic) (DMFA49)
- Phthalo Turquoise (DMFA26)
- Primary Magenta (DMFA29)
- Titanium White (DMFA39)
DecoArt Media® Specialty Products
- Clear Crackle Glaze (DMM16)
- Texture Sand Paste (DMM23)
- small and medium brushes
- palette knife
- embellishment (metal pieces for crown and top)
- E6000 Glue (E6000)
- Randomly place dots of Cobalt Teal Hue and Phthalo Turquoise throughout the canvas. Use a medium brush and glide the dots of paint across horizontally in waves.
- Mix Gold (Metallic) with Texture Sand Paste and spread across the canvas bottom with a palette knife. Trace the mermaid pattern onto the canvas with a pencil. Mix Gold (Metallic), Titanium White, and Cobalt Teal Hue; use the mix and a medium brush to paint the head and body. Mix Dioxazine Purple with Titanium White; use this mix and a medium brush to paint the top and tail. Use a medium brush to paint the hair in Gold (Metallic).
- Use a small brush to paint the eyes in Cobalt Teal Hue and Phthalo Turquoise. Mix Primary Magenta with Titanium White and use to paint the mouth with a small brush. Use a medium brush to apply Clear Crackle Glaze to the top and tail. Immediately add tiny drops of Blue (Interference).
- Use E6000 Glue to adhere seashells to the sand. Use a small brush to free-hand the words "Today I'm a Mermaid. Tomorrow . . . I can be anything I want to be". Mix Gold (Metallic) with Cobalt Teal Hue; use the mix and a small brush to paint the seahorse. Use a small brush to apply Clear Crackle Glaze.