See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Coastal Waters (DA523)
- Paprika (DA512)
- 1" flat brush
- twine (or other embellishments of choice)
- dremel tool (with metal cutting disk)
- tin can
- safety gloves
- safety glasses
- tea lights
- heavy objects (to squash cans)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Wash the tin cans thoroughly. Remove all label and any adhesive residue.
- Cut the cans vertically using a dremel tool with a metal cutting disk attached. (Cut about every 1/2".) Be sure to wear safety protection such as safety glasses and gloves.
- Paint the cans in Coastal Waters and Paprika. Let some of the can show through for a rustic look.
- Squash the can, by slowly adding weight to the top of the cans to get them to start to buckle in the middle. (They will naturally form a "V" shape.)
- Using safety gloves, shape the cans: Stick a gloved hand inside the cans and reshape the "V" to make it more of a gradual "U".
- Add twine or other embellishments around the top and add tea lights.