See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Blue Lagoon (DA526)
- Coffee Bean (DA536)
- Deep Turquoise (DA524)
- Flamingo (DA504)
- Muted Gold (DA516)
- Orange Sherbet (DA510)
- Paprika (DA512)
- Red Barn (DA507)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- liner brush
- three ceramic tiles
- soft bristle, full brush
- Using a liner brush, outline the leaves and inside lines of leaves with Coffee Bean.
- Mix equal parts of Flamingo and Red Barn paint to create a dark pink/mauve color. Fill in the entire leaf between the lines using a soft bristle, full brush.
- Using Deep Turquoise, paint another leaf between lines using a soft bristle, full brush. Using Paprika, repeat this process for the third leaf.
- Mix a small amount of Coffee Bean with the dark pink/mauve color. Using a liner brush, lightly dip into paint and add accents from the outline of the leaf toward the middle on one side of leaf. Repeat the process on the other side by painting from inside border toward the middle of the leaf. On the same side, paint the same accents from the outside border toward the middle of the leaf but covering a much smaller area. Use small amounts of Red Barn for extra accent.
- Mix a small amount of Coffee Bean to Deep Turquoise. Repeat Step 4 and use Blue Lagoon for extra accent.
- Mix a small amount of Coffee Bean to Paprika. Repeat Step 4 and use Orange Sherbet for extra accent.
- Fill in the entire area around each leaf with Muted Gold using a soft bristle, full brush. (Paint with a thick coat.) Let dry.
- When paint is dry, you may want to add another coat or touch up areas to make more even surface. You can also perform this step first. (I prefer to paint leaves directly on ceramic tiles.)
- Touch up the outlines using Coffee Bean and a liner brush.