See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Cocoa Bean (DA535)
- Dark Scarlet (DA508)
- Iris (DA531)
- Pumpkin Patch (DA511)
- Turf Green (DA520)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #8 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- #6 round brush
- Contac® paper
- black permanent marker
- cosmetic sponge
- cardstock (or precut place cards; optional)
- burlap placemat (number will depend on your dining table)
- napkin ring (metal or wood - the ones used here are metal)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Using a #6 round brush and Cocoa Bean, paint a wavy line on the right side of the placemat. (Refer to the pattern if needed.)
- Trace the acorn pattern onto Contac paper and cut out to make a stencil. Using a cosmetic sponge, dab on Pumpkin Patch, Dark Scarlet, Turf Green, and Iris. (Refer to photo for color placement.)
- Trace the acorn top pattern and leaves onto Contac paper and cut out to make stencils. Using a cosmetic sponge, dab Cocoa Bean into the acorn top and leaf stencils. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- Use a cosmetic sponge to dab on two coats of Cocoa Bean to the napkin rings.
- Cut thin strips of burlap (approx 3/4" long). Using a #8 flat brush, paint a stripe along the middle of each strip in either Dark Scarlet, Pumpkin Patch, Iris, or Turf Green. Loop around the napkin ring and adhere with a hot glue gun.
(Optional) You can also create matching place cards by cutting cardstock and painting to match the burlap strips around the napkin rings. (Or use precut place cards.)