See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
Americana Decor® Stencils
- Distressed Harlequin (12" x 12") (ADS03)
- French Living (12" x 12") (ADS05)
- Olde World Numbers (12" x 12") (ADS09)
Americana Decor® Varnishes
- Light Satin Varnish (ADM05)
Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Blue Bird (DA527)
- Sky Blue (DA522)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape (optional)
- 2" chip brush
- disposable gloves
- cosmetic sponge
- E6000 Glue
- 1" stencil brush
- wooden shapes (football, baseball, etc.)
- unfinished wooden crate (Home Depot)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Using a fine-grit sandpaper, sand over any rough areas of the wooden crate. Wipe clean with a damp paper towel.
- Using a chip brush, paint the entire surface in Heritage. Use one or two coats as needed, allowing the paint to dry completely between coats. After it is dry, lightly sand the edges with sandpaper and wipe clean.
- Position the Distressed Harlequin Stencil over the surface. Using a stencil brush, apply Sky Blue. (Use tape to keep the stencil in place, if needed.)
- Stencil a name of choice on the front of the crate with a combination of upper and lower case lettering in Blue Bird using a cosmetic sponge. On the short side of the crate, stencil the number of choice in Blue Bird from the Olde World Numbers Stencil. On the opposite end of the crate, stencil a saying of choice, such as "go team", in Blue Bird using the French Living Stencil.
- (Optional) Use sandpaper to lightly sand around the edges of the crate and over the stenciled designs for an aged look. Wipe down the crate with a clean cloth.
- Using a chip brush, apply a light and even coat of Light Satin Varnish to entire the surface.
- Following package instructions, apply an even amount of E6000 Glue to the back of the wooden cut-outs.
- Position and firmly press as desired onto the crate.