See more projects using this product.
Learn more about DecoArt Media®.
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics
- Cobalt Turquoise Hue (DMFA09)
- Gold (Metallic) (DMFA49)
- Quinacridone Gold (DMFA32)
DecoArt Media® Specialty Products
- Matte Medium (DMM20)
- Texture Sand Paste (DMM23)
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- rubbing alcohol
- wire (thick and thin)
- embellishments of choice (for eyes )
- found objects (juice lids for hat)
- E6000 Glue (E6000)
- medium brush
- glass ivy bowl
- Use a paper towel and rubbing alcohol to clean the ivy bowl.
- Turn the ivy bowl upside down and adhere strips of tracing paper with a medium brush and Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Mix Gold (Metallic) with Texture Sand Paste and Cobalt Turquoise Hue with Texture Sand Paste. Use a medium brush to randomly paint the entire surface. Let dry. Mix Quinacridone Gold with Texture Sand Paste to make a faux rust. Randomly brush it on and blend. Let dry. Use E6000 Glue to adhere embellishments for eyes. Let dry. (Save the mixes for later steps.)
- Make the tentacles by cutting four strips of wire approximately 12" long. Bend them into waves and coil the ends. Use thinner wire to secure in place (in the center where the wires cross.) Place the ivy bowl right side up. (The octopus will be upside down.) Adhere the tentacles to the ivy bowl with E6000 Glue. Let dry.
- Using the same mixes from Step 3, paint the tentacles.
- Use E6000 Glue to glue lids together to make a hat. Tear strips of the tracing paper and adhere with a medium brush and Matte Medium. Let dry.
- Use a medium brush to paint the hat in Cobalt Turquoise Hue. Let dry and randomly brush on the Texture Sand Paste/Quinacridone Gold mix from Step 3 and blend. Use E6000 Glue to adhere the embellishments (goggles).
- Use E6000 Glue to adhere the hat to the octopus.