See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Cotton Ball (DA500)
- True Blue (DA528)
Primers, Sealers, and Finishes
- DuraClear® Satin Varnish (DS21)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- hot glue gun
- 1" foam brush
- 1/4" stippler brush
- star stencil
- electric drill (and bits)
- wooden beads
- tin can (3)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Peel off the tin can labels; wash and dry the cans thoroughly.
- Drill small holes in the tops of the cans for the twine (to be added later).
- Paint two coats of True Blue to the entire can surface, letting the paint dry completely between coats.
- Stipple on Cotton Ball through a star stencil using a 1/4" stippler brush.
- Coat the tin cans in DuraClear Satin Varnish.
- String a loop through the holes in the tops of the cans. String on beads and tie a knot in the twine. (This will keep the twine from slipping through the hole.)
- Measure ribbons to the desired length and cut. Use a hot glue gun to adhere the ribbons to the insides of the cans.