See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Chalky Finish for Glass™.
Americana® Chalky Finish for Glass™
- Everlasting (ADCG02)
- Relic (ADCG07)
- water container
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- fine-grit sandpaper
- 1/2" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- black permanent marker
- jute or hemp cord
- white glue
- 2-1/2" wooden disc
- 1 piece of scrapbook paper
- antique bourbon bottle (flea market find)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the glass with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel.
- Paint the lower part of the bottle with Relic and the 1/2" flat brush.
- Stripe the bottle neck with Everlasting and Relic using the 1/4" flat brush.
- Distress with sandpaper to achieve desired effect.
- Paint the wooden tag with Cocoa using the 1/2" flat brush.
- Sand the edge of the wooden tag.
- Choose a piece of scrapbook paper and make a copy of it. Put the copy in the paper feed tray of the printer and print the word "Bourbon" out in the font of your choice.
- Cut the word out into a circle and outline with a permanent marker.
- Glue the circle to the wooden tag.
- String jute through the hole and hang around the bottle neck.
Add multiple coats as needed.
If your wooden tag doesn't have a hole, you will need to drill one. Pick a drill bit the size of the jute.