See more projects using this product.
Learn more about SoSoft® Fabric Paint.
- Fabric Decou-Page (DS116)
SoSoft® Fabric Paint
- Green Apple (DSS75)
- Indian Turquoise (DSS79)
- Lamp Black (DSS24)
- Primary Blue (DSS42)
- Tangerine (DSS76)
- White (DSS1)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- liner brush
- #8 round brush
- #8 flat brush
- wax paper or freezer paper (small piece to place over the rip)
- black fine point marker
- fabric (small/scrap piece of black or black with small dots)
- jeans (with rip)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a black fine point marker to trace the monster pattern onto the jean leg. (Refer to photo for placement: The rip is the mouth.)
- Use a #8 flat brush to paint stripes on the face in Green Apple.
- Use a #8 flat brush to paint the rest of the stripes on the face in Indian Turquoise.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the horns in Tangerine.
- Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyes in White and Primary Blue.
- Use scissors to cut out a small piece of black fabric into a square or rectangle. Use a #8 round brush to paint the teeth on the fabric in White. Turn the jeans inside out and use a #8 flat brush to add Americana Fabric Decou-Page to the perimeter of the rip/hole. Place the fabric with the teeth facing outwards, so they will show through the rip/hole.
- Use a liner brush to outline the monster with dotted lines in Lamp Black. For a BOY MONSTER, you're done! For a GIRL MONSTER (optional): Add lashes and a bow. Use a liner brush for the lashes in Lamp Black; use a #8 round brush for the bow in a mix of (1) part Indian Turquoise and (1) part White.