See more projects using this product.
Learn more about DecoArt Media®.
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics
- Carbon Black (DMFA05)
- Cobalt Turquoise Hue (DMFA09)
- Gold (Metallic) (DMFA49)
- Quinacridone Magenta (DMFA35)
DecoArt Media® Specialty Products
- baby wipes
- adhesive-backed rhinestone gems
- Gelli Gel Printing Plate (Gelli Arts, LLC)
- journal (mini)
- stickers (vinyl; 2016 or sentiment of choice)
- tweezer (or awl)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint a corner (or other area where you would like the year placed) in Carbon Black. Make sure it is completely dry and place vinyl stickers of the year or other sentiment, as desired.
- On a Gelli Gel Printing Plate, pour a few drips of Carbon Black, Cobalt Turquoise Hue, Gold (Metallic), and Quinacridone Magenta directly onto the plate.
- Place the journal on top of the wet paint and use a brayer to rub the back of the journal, pressing down on the paint. (If the plate is smaller than the journal, pick it up and repeat until the entire cover of the journal has been covered.)
- Before the paint dries completely, remove the vinyl stickers. (An awl or tweezers are helpful.)
- Trace over the numbers (or sentiment) with Liquid Glass. Using adhesive-backed gemstones, add a strip of gemstones next to the numbers.