See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Cameo (ADC10)
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Timeless (ADC04)
- Treasure (ADC19)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- craft glue
- wooden knob
- jar with lid
- 2 sheets of scrapbook paper
- glass door cabinet (flea market find)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Wipe down the cabinet with a damp paper towel.
- Paint the interior of the cabinet with Cameo using the 1" flat brush.
- Cut the scrapbook paper to the same size as the back of the cabinet. (My cabinet required two pieces of paper.) Wet the paper slightly and decoupage down with Americana Decou-Page and the 1" flat brush.
- Mix 3 parts Timeless with 1 part Treasure in a jar with a lid. Shake until mixed. Paint the outside of the cabinet with this mixture using the 1" flat brush.
- Paint both knobs with Cameo. (One of the knobs was glued on when I bought the cabinet; the other I had to purchase separately.)
- Distress the cabinet using sandpaper. Sand on the edges and anywhere you want wood to show through. Sand the knobs.
- Glue the knob on the drawer using craft glue.
- On the palette or plastic plate, mix 1 part Cameo and 1 part Everlasting. (You will just need a tiny bit.) Using the 1/4" flat brush, paint the edge of the shelf with a checkerboard pattern. (The shelf should already be painted Cameo.)
Coat with varnish if desired.
Wetting the paper when you decoupage helps to reduce bubbles and wrinkles.