See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Stencils.
- Inspiration (6" x 8") (ASMM38)
DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics
- Cobalt Blue Hue (DMFA08)
- Dioxazine Purple (DMFA12)
- Translucent White (DMFA40)
DecoArt Media® Specialty Products
- palette or plastic plate
- 1" flat brush
- cosmetic sponge
- tissue paper (assorted colors)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut out circles of various sizes from various colors of tissue paper. (Shown: yellow, purple, blue, pink, green, and white.)
- Using a 1" flat brush, apply Matte Medium in a small area on the canvas. Place the tissue paper circles down as desired. Apply another layer of Matte Medium on top. Layer smaller circles inside larger ones.
- Randomly outline some circles with Translucent White.
- Create a mix of Translucent White and water. Drip the mix onto the canvas and let it drip down. (Blow lightly if needed to help it slide down the canvas.)
- Position the stencil (shown: Inspiration) as desired. Using a cosmetic sponge, apply Dioxazine Purple to "love". Apply Cobalt Blue Hue to the remaining words.