See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Acrylics.
- Burnt Sienna (DAO63)
- Canyon Orange (DA238)
- Dark Chocolate (DAO65)
- Saffron Yellow (DA273)
- Busy Bee (12" x 12") (ASMM04)
- Staining / Antiquing Medium™ (DS51)
Primers, Sealers, and Finishes
- Americana® Matte Spray Finish (DAS13)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- 1" flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- scrapbooking paper or printed from designs found online
- 12" x 12" canvas
- jute twine
- cosmetic sponge
- bubble wrap
NOTE: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Use painter’s tape to mask off the honeycomb shape on the stencil.
- Position the stencil on the canvas.
- Load a cosmetic sponge with Canyon Orange and a little Burnt Sienna. Dab off the excess paint onto the palette or plastic plate. Pounce paint inside the honeycomb area randomly until all open areas are coated.
- Lift and reposition stencil, matching up one side to the stenciled image.
- Load the same cosmetic sponge with Saffron Yellow and apply to canvas.
- Repeat stenciling over entire canvas alternating and/or mixing colors. Use Dark Chocolate sparingly but add to some image edges to achieve contrast. Let all dry.
- Mix Staining/Antiquing Medium 1:1 with Burnt Sienna. Brush a thin layer of the mix over the entire canvas. Immediately place bubble wrap over canvas. Press wrap down with hands and then lift. Let dry.
- Mist with Americana Matte Spray Finish. Let dry.
- Cut flower petal and leaf shapes from a scrapbook paper of your choice. Set aside.
- Pour a puddle of Americana Matte Decou-Page onto the palette or plastic plate. Place jute twine into the puddle. Pull the twine through fingers to coat. Coil the coated twine into flat circle leaving 7” “tail”. Position the circle on the canvas to form the flower center and adhere with more Decou-Page or low-temp hot glue. Press “tail” into place for the stem.
- Brush Decou-Page around the flower center. Position and press the flower petals into place. Coat with another layer of Decou-Page.
- Position and adhere a button onto the flower center.