See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
Americana Decor® Varnishes
- Ultra-Matte Varnish (ADM04)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- clean cloth
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine (Silhouette America)
- matching ribbon
- drill and small drill bit
- wooden board (4' x 10" x 1")
- wood stain
- scroll saw (or similar )
- round object (for tracing)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use the provided Silhouette file to cut out the rabbit pattern on vinyl. Place the vinyl pattern onto the wood and trace around it with pencil.
- Using a scroll or other similar saw, cut the shape of the rabbit out of the wood.
- Cut a base about 10" by 12" from the left-over wood. Attach it to the bottom of the rabbit with three screws by drilling from the bottom into the rabbit. Sand any rough spots and wipe away any sanding dust.
- Stain the rabbit and base with a wood stain of choice. (This will show through when you sand the final coat of the rabbit.) Allow to dry completely according to packaging instructions.
- Using a 1" flat brush, paint the entire rabbit in Everlasting. (This does not have to be a perfect application for a distressed look). Apply an additional coat, as needed. Let dry.
- After the paint has dried, sand the edges and surfaces of the rabbit until you get the desired weathered look.
- Use a round object slightly larger than a quarter to create random circles with Spa Blue. (Dip the end of the round object in the paint and then stamp it on the rabbit.) Fill in the circles with a paintbrush and Spa Blue.
- Apply a coat of Americana Decor Ultra-Matte Varnish to the entire rabbit. Tie a 3" ribbon around the rabbit's neck into a bow.
If you don't have a Silhouette electronic cutting machine, you can free-hand draw a bunny shape, approximately 3' tall, onto the wooden board.