See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Everlasting (ADC01)
- Refreshing (ADC13)
- water container
- paper towels
- sandpaper (high-grit)
- 2" flat brush
- craft glue
- plain white copy paper (optional)
- assorted scrapbook paper
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine (Silhouette America)
- wooden board
- 1" stencil brush
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint a wooden board using Refreshing. Set aside to dry.
- Trace a triangle onto a piece of paper. (Skip this step if you are using the Silhouette file for the flag banner/bunting.)
- Mirror the triangle and cut out the diamond shape. (Or use the Studio file to cut out the diamonds)
- Trace the diamond onto the assorted scrapbook papers.
- Cut out all the diamonds.
- Fold each diamond in half to form a triangle.
- Put twine in the crease and glue the ends of the triangle together. (The twine should still be able to move freely.)
- Cut out a vinyl "hello SPRING" sign using the Studio file provided and a Silhouette electronic cutting machine. Apply the stencil to the wooden board.
- Use a 1" stencil brush to fill in the wording "hello SPRING" with Everlasting.
- Remove the vinyl and let the wording dry.
- Distress the edges of the sign using a high-grit sandpaper.
- Remove any sanding dust using a damp paper towel.
- Cut and position the flag banners where you would like them.
- Turn the sign over and tape the banners in place.
- Position and tape the other sides of the banners.