See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Premium™ Acrylics.
Americana® Premium™ Acrylics
- Cobalt Teal Hue (DTA29)
- Gold (DTA43)
- Green Gold (DTA20)
- Raw Sienna (DTA10)
- Raw Umber (DTA07)
- Sap Green (DTA22)
- Titanium White (DTA40)
- transfer paper
- flat brush
- round brush
- liner brush
- Mix together White and Cobalt Teal Hue. Paint the entire canvas in mix with a flat brush. Once dried, transfer the outside shape of the terrarium. Add a little bit more white into the mix and then paint the transferred section.
- Using a round brush, paint in a rough dirt area in the bottom of the terrarium. Load the brush with Raw Umber and loosely dab the paint into the canvas. Without rinsing the brush, pick up Raw Sienna and repeat.
- Transfer the cacti to the inside of the terrarium. First, basecoat the left plant with Sap Green with a round brush. Then paint the tallest plant in a mix of Green Gold and Sap Green.
- For the plant second from the right, mix Sap Green and Green Gold and use it to paint the shadowed sections of the plant. Add a little bit of White and use it to paint the highlighted areas. For the plant on the right and the hanging plant, add more White to the previous mix and paint in. Use Green Gold for the shadow areas.
- Mix together White, Sap Green, and a touch of Raw Umber. Using a liner brush, add in the stripes and spikes onto each plant, using the final image as reference. For the plant on the left, slightly water down the paint.
- Transfer the metal edges of the terrarium and the chain. With a round brush, paint in Gold.