See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Relic (ADC28)
- Whisper (ADC03)
Americana Decor® Varnishes
- Ultra-Matte Varnish (ADM04)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- sponge brush
- painter's tape (optional)
- 1" flat brush (optional)
- cosmetic sponge
- wooden tray (Michaels)
NOTES: For best results when stenciling inside a tray or other similar object, you may need to trim the stencil to fit. Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a sponge brush and Whisper to paint the tray inside and outside.
- Use scissors to trim the stencil to lie flat inside the tray. (Optional: secure with painter's tape or hold with fingers while stenciling.)
- Load a cosmetic sponge with Relic. Pounce the sponge on a paper towel to remove excess paint. Lightly dab paint inside the stencil openings.
- Use sandpaper to distress the tray edges and stencil design. Remove any dust.
- Use a sponge brush or 1" flat brush to apply Ultra-Matte Varnish.