See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana® Acrylics.
- Bahama Blue (DA255)
- Calico Red (DAO20)
- Foliage Green (DA269)
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- transfer paper
- fine-grit sandpaper
- fine point permanent marker
- #4 flat shader brush
- #6 flat shader brush
- silicon glue
- three 5-7/8" diameter embroidery hoops
- three 8" square pieces of raw canvas
- Sandwich piece of raw canvas between two hoops and pull to tighten. Turn screw to tighten hoop securely.
- Cut excess canvas on back of hoop close to hoop. At top part below screw, leave enough excess canvas to be able to glue it down on back of hoop.
- Pull canvas below screw tightly and glue it to back of hoop. Allow to dry.
- Follow manufacturer’s directions to apply Gesso to canvas. Apply two coats of Gesso to canvas, hoops, and top brackets (holding screw). Allow to dry and sand between coats.
- Copy ampersand pattern onto tracing paper and position it on front of hoop. (See photo for placement.) Place graphite transfer paper between pattern and hoop and transfer pattern with stylus or ballpoint pen.
- Using #4 flat shader brush, paint ampersand Snow White. Using #6 flat brush, paint canvas, hoops, and brackets holding crew Calico Red. Paint back of hoop over canvas Calico Red to keep canvas from unraveling.
- Using ultra-fine tip black marker, outline around ampersand. (See photo.)
- Repeat instructions 1 through 7 with hatch tag and Foliage Green.
- Repeat instructions 1 through 7 with at sign and Bahama Blue.