See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Accessories
- Waxing & Finishing Brush (ADB01)
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
Americana Decor® Crème Waxes
- water container
- 2" flat brush
- soft cloth or old T-shirt
- wooden hutch and dresser base
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use the cloth to wipe down the furniture pieces to remove dust, etc.
- Use a 2" flat brush and Everlasting to apply one or two coats to both furniture pieces, painting over the hardware as well as the wood.
- Once dry, distress the paint with sandpaper to allow some of the original wood finish to show through in areas where wear would naturally occur. For example: around handles and on edges.
- Wipe down the furniture pieces with a soft cloth or use vacuum cleaner to remove all dust.
- Using a waxing brush, apply an even coat of Clear Crème Wax over the entire piece, including the hardware. When dry to the touch, buff the wax to a smooth finish.
Distressing can also be accomplished with a damp cloth before paint is totally dry/cured.
For smooth brushstrokes, paint in the direction of the wood grain. Also, better quality brushes result in a smoother finish. Use inexpensive chip bristle brushes if obvious brush strokes and texture are desired.
When waxing, light coats will make for an easier buffing process.