See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Heritage (ADC09)
- Inheritance (ADC12)
- Lace (ADC02)
- New Life (ADC14)
- Romance (ADC06)
- Treasure (ADC19)
- water container
- paper towels
- #3 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- jewelry cabinet (flea market)
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the flea market jewelry cabinet with a damp paper towel.
- Using the 1" flat brush, paint the top and bottom pieces with Romance. Using the #3 round brush, paint the door inset Romance and the parts around the handles Treasure.
- Rub the paraffin wax liberally all over the areas you painted.
- Paint all of those areas except the parts around the handles (that were painted earlier) with Treasure and the 1" flat brush. (Use the #3 round brush for the inset.)
- With the #3 round brush, paint each door part around the handles a different color (Inheritance, Romance, New Life, and Heritage.)
- Paint the wooden frames around each door with Heritage and the #3 round brush. With the same brush, paint the feet.
- Paint the sides of the cabinet with the #1 flat brush and New Life.
- Rub the frame areas with paraffin. Paint the frame areas with Lace and the #3 round brush.
- Distress the entire piece with sandpaper; all of the under-colors will show through where you put the wax. (Every part is underpainted except the feet.) If you want, keep sanding and let a little of the wood's natural color show through.