See more projects using this product.
Learn more about Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint
- Escape (ADC20)
- Lace (ADC02)
Americana Decor® Varnishes
- Light Satin Varnish (ADM05)
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels (or clean rag)
- wax paper (optional to cover working surface)
- fine-grit sandpaper (optional)
- 1/2" flat brush
- 2" foam brush
- 1" foam brush
- public domain image
NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean basket using a damp paper towel or rag.
- Paint a light, even coat of Escape over entire outside of basket (including handles) using a 2" foam brush. Use a 1/2" flat brush to reach in tight spaces of basket.
- Dip 2" foam brush into a small amount of Lace (apply paint to just tip of brush). Wipe off excess on a paper towel. Very lightly brush over basket to create more interest and depth.
- Using a fine grit sandpaper, lightly sand around edges of picnic basket to remove just a bit of paint. This is optional if a rustic look is not desired. Wipe down basket with a clean paper towel or rag.
- Using scissors, cut out the details of the printed graphics. Place images on top of basket lid, as desired.
- Using a foam brush, lightly and evenly coat the backside of chosen image with Paper Decou-Page, then place on top of the lid. Gently smooth out any wrinkles with fingers. Use a brayer to roll over images to remove any remaining wrinkles. Apply two additional coats of decoupage over image, allowing to dry between coats.
- Using a foam brush, cover entire outside of basket and lid with an even coat of light satin varnish.