The Sixth Day of Christmas:
TERRACOTTA SNOWMAN AND REINDEER
These fun characters, painted with bright Patio Paint colors, will be right at home on your tree.
DCP01 Pinecone Brown
DCP14 Cloud White
DCP21 Wrought Iron Black
DCP43 Holly Berry Red
DCP41 Carnation Pink
DCP55 Robin's Egg Blue
DCP63 Blue Bahama
Patio Paint Metallics
DCP400 Glorious Gold
Small terracotta pot
#12 flat brush
#3 round brush
palette or plastic plate
one each shiny chenille stem in gold, silver
one each fuzzy chenille stem in brown, beige
one fuzzy red pompon
¼" sponge pouncer
hot glue gun and glue sticks
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Flip terracotta pot upside down. Use #12 flat to paint base Cloud White and rim, Robin's Egg Blue. Let dry completely.
- Use handle end of same brush with Wrought Iron Black to add eyes and mouth. Rinse brush.
- Use same handle to paint nose Pumpkin, making dots smaller each time. Wipe off handle.
- Use ¼" pouncer dipped in Carnation Pink for cheeks.
- Use same brush handle dipped in Blue Bahama to dot randomly around rim. (Leave room for more dots.) Wipe off handle.
- Use same handle dipped in Cloud White for more dots on rim.
- Use #3 round brush with small amount of Cloud White to paint reflection on eyes and mouth. Rinse brush.
- Cut chenille stem 5" long and stick both ends through terracotta hole and tie into knot to form hanger.
- Flip pot upside down. Use #12 flat brush to paint base Pinecone Brown and rim, Holly Berry Red. Let dry completely.
- Use handle end of same brush dipped in Wrought Iron Black to paint eyes on Pinecone Brown. Wipe off handle.
- Use same handle dipped in Glorious Gold Metallic and dot randomly around Holly Berry Red rim.
- Use #3 round brush dipped in small amount of Cloud White to add sparkle in eyes. Rinse brush.
- Use same brush dipped in small amount of Wrought Iron Black to add Xs in Glorious Gold Metallics for bells.
- Use scissors to cut beige chenille stem into two 3" pieces. Twist and fold into antlers.
- Use scissors to cut brown chenille stem into two 2" pieces. Fold in half.
- Glue on red pompon for nose.
- Glue ears to side of reindeer, near top edge.
- Glue antlers to top.
- Cut shiny gold chenille stem into 5" piece. Stick both ends in terracotta hole and tie into knot to form hanger.