Using Gloss Enamels and a stencil, you can quickly create this charming penguin friend on a clear glass ornament. He looks especially cute when standing on a pile of "snow".
View more videos in our video library.
The Fourth Day of Christmas:
SNOW TIME PENGUIN
What's black and white and colorful all over? This holiday ornament dressed in Americana Gloss Enamels.
Americana® Frost Gloss Enamels
Americana® 3D Gloss Enamel Opaque Writers
DGEW36 True Blue
DGEW129 True Red
DGEW228 Bright Orange
Americana® Stencils Self-Adhesive Glass Series
AGS211 Whimsical Christmas
DecoArt Specialty Products
DS3 DecoMagic Brush Cleaner
flat glass ornament
palette or plastic plate
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Remove ornament's lid. Use cosmetic sponge dipped in White Frost Gloss Enamels and dab excess off on palette or plate first and then dab all over back side of ornament.
- Remove penguin stencil from Whimsical Christmas package and plastic backing and center on front of ornament.
- Use Black, True Blue, White, True Red, and Bright Orange Opaque Writers to fill in penguin. (See photo for color placement.)
- Carefully remove stencil from tab and immediately place on plate of DecoMagic to clean stencil.
- Pour Crystal Glamour Dust in ornament and fill up to level of penguin's feet.
- Cut and tie ribbon to ornament.