The First Day of Christmas:
Add a wintry touch to your holiday tree with this hand-warming ornament created with MagiKote and Americana® Acrylics.
DA01 Snow (Titanium) White
DA170 Santa Red
MagiKote™ Surface Coating for Styrofoam
#6 and #10 flat brushes
#1 liner brush
old fan brush
palette or plastic plate
mitten cookie cutter
white or red yarn
tracing and transfer paper
paper clip or toothpick
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Use cookie cutter to cut two mittens out of Styrofoam sheet.
- Lightly sand around edges.
- Use old fan brush to apply very thin layer of MagiKote to entire surface of both mittens. Let dry completely.
- Sand entire surface of both ornaments. Repeat three times, applying MagiKote and sanding. Let dry completely. Rinse brush.
- Use #10 flat brush to paint main part of mittens Santa Red.
- Use pencil to trace and transfer design onto mittens.
- Using #6 flat brush and #1 liner brush, paint knitted design and bottom of mittens Snow White.
- Using #1 liner brush, add wavy red accent stripes to white cuff of mitten.
- Cut piece of yarn with scissors and tie knot in each end. Use paper clip or toothpick to push yarn into bottoms of mittens.