Ink Effects and felt go perfectly together. This reindeer design can be used with other items too, like pillows or napkins. If you can paint in a coloring book, you can have success with Ink Effects!
View more videos in our video library.
The Fifth Day of Christmas:
Create this reindeer embellishment on fabric and wood with DecoArt's new Ink Effects Fabric Transfer Paint.
Ink Effects Fabric Transfer Paint
DA170 Santa Red
3½" x 5¼" wooden board
#6 flat brush
#1 liner brush
palette or plastic plate
one sheet of white felt
two shiny red chenille stems
iron and ironing board
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Trace and transfer design onto paper.
- Fill in reindeer using #6 flat brush and Red.
- Outline reindeer and antlers with Black. Use end of brush handle to add black dots to accent antlers. Let dry completely.
- Turn iron on highest setting. Place felt down and painted paper on top of felt face down. Iron for 30-40 seconds. Remove paper.
- Use #6 flat brush to paint back and edges of wooden board Santa Red. Let dry completely.
- Cut felt to size of board, with reindeer at center.
- Use hot glue gun to attach felt to board.
- Cut chenille stems to fit around edges of board and glue down. Cut 4" length to bend and twist into bow and glue on top.
- Cut and tie ribbon on back side.