The Second Day of Christmas:
BOTTLE CAP SNOWMAN
Recycle those bottle caps into this bright and shining snowman with Americana Gloss Enamels.
Americana® Gloss Enamels
DAG31 Baby Pink
DAG228 Bright Orange
DAG234 Calypso Blue
DAG265 Tuscan Red
three large bottle caps
#3 round brush
¼" sponge pouncer
palette or plastic plate
hot glue gun and glue sticks
Note: Allow to dry between painting steps.
- Dip cosmetic sponge dipped in White, dab excess off paint onto palette or plate, and dab all over insides of bottle caps.
- Add small amount of Calypso Blue to White and sponge around outer edges of all three caps.
- Use handle end of #3 round with Black to make dots for eyes, mouth, and buttons. Wipe off handle.
- Use same handle to make nose with Bright Orange, making dots smaller as you go up.
- Dip pouncer in small amount of Baby Pink and pounce on cheeks.
- Use #3 round brush and Calypso Blue to paint on scarf. Rinse brush.
- Use handle of same brush to make polka dots in Tuscan Red. (See photo for placement.)
- Use #3 round brush and Black to outline scarf. Rinse brush.
- Use same brush with White to add reflection in eyes, on mouth, and on buttons.
- Cut 12" length of ribbon, fold in half, and glue bottle caps to ribbon and both ends of ribbon together.