APPLY WITH US
There are many ways you can apply and we encourage you to do so!
- You can complete an application in our lobby between 8:30am and 4:00pm. We are located at 49 Cotton Avenue in Stanford, KY 40484.
- You can download our application (PDF), complete all applicable fields, save it, and email it to us at email@example.com
- You can submit a resume via e-mail. Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already submitted an application or a resume for employment, we thank you for doing so, but please note the following:
- We review applications and resumes regularly.
- Should your general requirements, skills, and work history - as noted on the application - meet the needs of our open positions, we will contact you directly.
- Understand that due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual updates on application status.
Pre-employment background checks, drug screens, reference checks, and education verifications are required as a condition of employment. Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO.
DecoArt, Inc. inspires those to be creative in hobbies, crafting, art, and home decorating throughout everyday life. We challenge ourselves to build and develop creative uses for our products that drive consumers to try new projects that are both fun and personally rewarding.
We accomplish this as a team — a dynamic group of hard-working and strategic thinkers who accept the constant challenge of developing creative ideas, innovative products, and new ways to satisfy the needs of our trade customers and consumers. We are intelligent, creative, and high-energy individuals who support each other to ensure success through accountability.
Our success has led us to produce a wide variety of paints, finishes, and specialty products that cater to all who have a desire to craft, create, or decorate — and have fun while doing it! Our Creative Team develops endless projects and techniques for our products to inspire and educate in order to achieve our goal of improving people's lives.
Those who thrive at DecoArt are problem solvers looking for a challenge. We are driven, creative, resourceful, and fierce. We are committed to building the success of our team, our product, and our customers. It is our expectation that qualified candidates will exhibit these qualities.
We are excited to expand our staff to support our growth and strategic objectives in a variety of positions throughout our organization.
We are currently recruiting for the following hourly production and salary support staff positions.
Automated Machine Operators (2nd and 3rd shift)
The Automated Machine Operator Positions require a solid work history and proven trouble shooting, mechanical, and preventative maintenance abilities. This position has an Hourly Pay rate of $13.23-$14.40 + shift premium. Qualified candidates will have:
- High level of problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Proven mechanical skills and preventative maintenance capability.
- Solid work history including 2 years prior experiencing operating automatic machines to meet production standards.
Packers (2nd and 3rd shift)
The Packer positions require a solid work history, along with strong attentiveness to detail and quality, and the ability to assist operators with production needs. This position has an Hourly Pay rate of $10.02-$11.14 + shift premium. Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong figure aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to assist machine operators with line efficiency
- Proven abilities to work in a fast-paced assembly process
SALARY SUPPORT STAFF
Director of Product Development
As a key member of the executive management team, the Director of Product Development will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall new product development functions and enhancement and continual development of existing DecoArt, Inc. product lines. While developing the operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the control systems, the Director of Product Development will ensure coordination of research and analysis as it relates evaluation of potential products and practicality of development. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-year degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years strategic product development experience in consumer products.
- Proven product development experience with mass marketing retailers.
- Proven product packaging and merchandising development experience.
- Experience in a executive management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative manufacturing strategies.
Director of Materials - Purchasing
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Materials - Purchasing will report to the Chief Operating Officer and hold responsibility for the contract negotiation and purchasing of all new and alternative raw materials used in manufacturing, with a primary function on purchasing cost reductions. The Director of Materials - Purchasing will source, procure, and process the approval of domestic and Asian produced finished goods, as well as ensure that the organization's strategic plan for material flow and inventory remains to goal and on budget. Our ideal candidate will have:
- 4-year degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or Business, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years sourcing / purchasing experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment, including experience in purchasing, packaging, printing, and chemicals.
- Minimum 5 years experience in production / inventory control.
- Experience and thorough understanding of MRP systems and other PCIC concepts.
Paint Formulation Chemist
Formulation and development to support our growth leads to the expansion of our Laboratory staff. Under the general supervision of the Technical Manager, the Paint Formulation Chemist plays an integral role in lab operations, including, but not limited to: creation and development of new and innovative paint formulations, optimization of existing paint formulations, minimization of product cost, and efficiency and integration of new raw material technologies. Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Science with a minor in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years formulation development experience, preferable in the Architectural Coatings Industry.
- Knowledge of specialty acrylic resins, pigments, and other raw materials in acrylic paints and specialty finishes markets.
DecoArt, Inc. in Stanford, KY is seeking an Accountant. Will be responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of the General Ledger and financial reporting functions of the Finance Department; provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data in all assigned areas; deliver critical information and cost savings initiatives that will assist the corporation in achieving desired financial results.
Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study and at least three years of related experience. Required experience must include 3 years of experience in Payroll Coordination; 2 years of experience in Supply Chain and Inventory Analysis; 2 years of experience accounting in manufacturing or consumer goods; 2 years of experience in GAAP Financial statement presentation and analysis; 2 years of experience in high volume cash reconciliation; 2 years of experience in annual business planning and financial forecasting; 2 years of experience in sales tax reporting and filing; and computer experience must include Excel, specifically pivot tables and v-look ups.
Pre-employment background checks, drug screens, reference and education verifications are required as a condition of employment.
Send resume to DecoArt, Attn: Courtney Sidor, 49 Cotton Avenue, Stanford, KY 40484. Only persons with authorization to work permanently in the U.S. need apply. EEO.