By: Mandy Fitzgerald
July 14, 2017
Inspired by the cool tones covering my local greenhouse, I used a photo I had recently taken of their collection of succulents to reference for this painting. With the help of DecoArt’s Americana Premium Acrylics, you can make your own bright colored painting of your favorite plants!
- Americana Premium Medium - White Gesso
- Americana Premium Medium – Heavy Gel Medium Gloss
- Americana Premium Medium – Matte Medium
- American Premium Acrylic Paint – Yellow Green Light
- American Premium Acrylic Paint – Primary Yellow
- American Premium Acrylic Paint – Cobalt Blue Hue
- American Premium Acrylic Paint – Carbon Black
- American Premium Acrylic Paint – Titanium White
- Mixed Media Panel
- Paint Brushes
- Palette Knife
Gather your supplies.
Prime your panel using Americana Premium Medium – White Gesso. Two coats is plenty!
Map out the painting using your pencil on the dried gesso panel.
If you like your paintings to have a heavily textured look, mix the Americana Premium Medium – Heavy Gel Medium Gloss in with the Acrylics using your palette knife before you begin.
If you’re right handed - Paint in the details from left to right so your hand doesn’t smudge your work!
Finally, decide on the finish you would like your painting to have. This painting was coated with a thin layer of the Matte Medium.
Be sure to visit Mandy Fitzgerald Artwork for more projects and to learn more about Mandy Fitzgerald.